QC Metal Fabricators, Inc., was founded in September 1983 and opened for business on Simonton Street, downtown Elkhart, Indiana.
QC grew considerably in two short years. In 1985 a move to Faith Ave. on the North/West side of Elkhart was undertaken. In 1995, a new and modern facility was built at 1025 All-Pro Drive., Elkhart, bringing the floor space to 39,000 sq. ft. under one roof. The firm has grown steadily since its inception from one employee to approximately thirty employees currently.
QC has established itself as a provider of prime quality fabricated metal products to the Agricultural, Automotive, Construction, Furniture, Mass Transit, Medical, and RV Industries, as well as a host of other industries. Proprietary products have also been added such as Trunk and Hood Hinges, along with Hood Releases for Class A Motor Homes. 1997 brought the introduction of THE LOCK’R, a new product development to secure the slide-out units of recreational vehicles while in motion. This product has proven to be a significant part of current sales.
Over the years there have been many changes in the way QC Metal’s products are produced. Many operations are now computerized, offering greater accuracy and faster turn-around time, at a cost savings for the customers.